Monday, November 17, 2014

Eating From My Food Storage.. Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili

All season long while dehydrating every vegetable and herb I could get my hands on, I had one goal in mind.
Being able to make meals in a jar that on a busy day could be dumped in my Crock Pot to cook.
Also if the power goes off I can cook this on the stove and not have to dig through my fridge or freezer.
(we cook with gas)
Chicken chili was top on my list and after much experimenting (on my poor family)  this is the best recipe I've came up.
Other then the chicken it's all dehydrated foods.
I keep cooked chicken in my freezer and I also have can chicken.  I see no point in wasting my money on freeze dried chicken when can will work as well.


white Chicken Chili

3 cups pre-soaked Great Northern or white navy beans drained
   (dehydrating some quick cook beans are next on my list)
2 rounded tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes or slices
2 tablespoons dehydrated chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons dehydrated chopped green bell pepper
1 tablespoon diced dehydrated jalapeno pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder or diced chunk garlic
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
4 chicken bullion cubes
4 cups water
8 ounces cooked chicken 

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, cover and cook on low 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Nothing feels better after being gone all day then the welcoming smell of dinner waiting to be dished up.
My family gave me a thumbs up on this one



No comments:

Post a Comment