Wednesday, September 24, 2014


Cream soup in a jar

Credit for this recipe goes to Perbain on YouTube
Thanks Perbain it's a very good soup.

Cream soup mix
2 cups dry milk
1 1/2 cups corn starch
1/2 cup chicken bullion
4 tablespoons dry onions
2 teaspoons basil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
Mix well, I used a whisk

Place 2/3 cups in each quart jar and fill to to top with dehydrated vegetable of choice.  Broccoli, celery, potatoes, mushrooms etc.

A quart jar makes a large amount so if you want it for smaller portions like what comes in a can then use half pints.  That's how I did mine.
Place 1/3 cup of mix in each half pint and fill to top with dry vegetables.

To use, dump mix and veggies into sauce pan, fill jar with water and pour into pan,  stir and cook until the veggies are tender and the soup is thick, if soup gets thick too soon, add a bit more water.

I brought mine to a boil then turned the fire off and let it set a bit to reconstitute the veggies, mostly because I had potatoes in it.. after it was finished cooking I added a half teaspoon butter, it made it much richer.
Here's my bowl of cream of broccoli and potato soup.

I have to say it's pretty darn tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment