Friday, September 19, 2014

How to stop food from going to waste

I went to fix some glazed sweet potatoes for dinner to find my package of taters that was bought a week ago looking like this
 

  • Pretty nasty eh?
There was no way I was going to let those yummy things go to waste so I peeled all the uglies off, put what I needed for dinner in a slow cooker and placed the rest in my dehydrator.

Look pretty nice now
One problem tho.. just enough to fill one tray.. no way am I running the dehydrator for one tray so out came some carrots and parsnips.  My family loves them roasted..
So now I have 3 trays going.. one taters and two carrots and parsnips.
After I rest a bit I'm going to scrounge around in the freezer for some frozen veggies so I can fill a bit more trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment