Monday, September 22, 2014

Meatless breakfast sausage
There's several recipes on the net for this Second World War recipe so I had to give it a try.
I cut the patty so you could see the texture.

1 cup oatmeal
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons sage
1 1/2 teaspoons fennel
1 1/2 teaspoons Rosemary
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Mix well and let sit 20 minutes
After 20 minutes, shape into patties and brown in hot oiled skillet.
After their browned then add 3 cups of beef bullion broth to the skillet and simmer for 20 minutes
After 20 minutes of simmering then drain liquid off, add oil and brown again.
Now they look more like sausage.
My opinion is they do taste fairly good, a lot like sausage but I personally can tell it's oatmeal and since I'm not a fan of oatmeal in meatloaf it isn't something I'd make on a regular basis.. 
Check it out and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment